[mythtv-users] Can we get an update on the status of SchedulesDirect.org?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 08:56:24 UTC 2007

On 07/08/07, Justin The Cynical <cynical at penguinness.org> wrote:
> Brian Wood wrote:
> > On Monday 06 August 2007 13:57, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> >
> >> Oy.. imagine the mail activity on that one. How about just check
> >> whatever fix is needed into SVN and -fixes and make people upgrade? :)
> >
> > A LOT of people do not run SVN or -fixes versions, but packaged setups.
> > Forcing all those folks to start checking out from SVN, or even compiling
> > fixes trees, would more than likely cause more traffic on this list than a
> > simple IP mapping hack.
>
> Not to mention there are people, myself included, that do not have the
> hardware to run the latest and greatest.
>
> I have been wanting to upgrade my system to the .2x branch, but at the
> current time, house needs have a higher priority.

For people still running old versions of MythTV there is the
possibility that the data will be available via a standard XMLTV
grabber that can be run manually to retrieve the listings and enable
the listings to be imported into MythTV using the --file option with
mythfilldatabase.

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki: