[mythtv-users] Zap2it discontinuance: any alternative?

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Tue Aug 7 17:26:34 UTC 2007

David Brodbeck wrote:
> On Aug 6, 2007, at 9:17 PM, DaveD wrote:
>
>> I'm not very well informed, but I'm curious why
>> they didn't just start charging for the service.
>
> We don't know for sure, but I think it's because they're basically a
> wholesaler.  They sell listings to other businesses.  Having to deal
> with selling listings to a bunch of individuals would add overhead,
> and might reduce their core business by undercutting some of the
> companies they sell to.

More to the point (well, I'm curious if no one else is), why did they
stop?  I thought it was because people were selling MythTV boxes with
active zap2it accounts.  But, as I recall, some who do this posted where
they contacted zap2it and received zap2it e-mail stating they were not
the reason.  Then who was zap2it openly complaining about?