Tim Gray tim at p-a-a-i.com
Tue Aug 7 19:56:08 UTC 2007

Actually the WORKING solution I have in place is getting my schedule
information from replayTV.  I own a Replay unit that has a lifetime sub in
it. Using a certain Java App I have it sucking the current listings out of
the replay, I just parse that file.  I have been doing this for over a month
now as zap2it's guid data has been accurate as a slashdot post for quite a
while and I got fed up with the garbage data that was going to disappear.
Talking about such things as well as screenscrapers HAS gotten people
screamed at by the overly paraniod Admins on this list.  I used the word
"hack" once and was yelled at. I bet someone here is going to go get all
hairy all over me posting what I have done how it's illegal, I'm killing
children in ethopia, I'm as evil as Stalin, etc...

I am also working on a screenscraper solution, as friends I know do not own
a replayTV box to get their guide data from. So I need to support their
MythTV and webVCR installs that rely on xmltv data as I was the one that
talked them into it and out of getting a tivo or replay back in the day.

Guess what, this is what Open source exists for.  I choose to not wait for
someone's promises and do it myself.

So yes, I am childish, I want it my way and on my terms. That's why I have a
mythtv box.

Hey if the "official" fix is done before I am, Cool! I would rather waste
time coding than sit here hoping.