[mythtv-users] Supporting schedulesdirect.org (Tom Greer)

Trey Thompson treythompson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 21:41:21 UTC 2007

On 8/7/07, Braindead <Braindead at diablops.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 17:54:25 -0300
> Greg Estabrooks <greg at phaze.org> wrote:
>
> > > been charging.  Given schedulesdirect is a commercial
> > > venture, or at least partnered with a commercial
> >

> >  To be clear, schedulesdirect is a Non-Profit organization, NOT out
> > for profit. So fee's will be as low as possibel to cover the data
> > server maintenance, and bw and such.
>
> A non-profit organization doesn't mean people aren't going to profit, even
> though technically they are receiving compensation for services.  Many
> people who run non-profit organizations make huge salaries, they aren't
> profits technically.
>
> I'm not suggesting that's the case here (I certainly hope it's not).  But
> just because an organization is "non profit" doesn't really mean much at
> all.

Wow, I think the busiest this list has been in the past year has been
related to this...

Not that anyone cares, but...  HAVE FAITH!!!
Isaac has treated us all GREAT over the years (only 1 for me), refused
requests to make donations, etc...  Why would you think he would start
wanting to profit from this?

Sheesh, everyone relax!