Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 7 21:50:51 UTC 2007

>From: "Robert Current"
>
>On 8/7/07, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Boy, you're not kidding.  My Samsung HD receivers supports EIT data, and
> > from what I've seen, the NY area networks I get don't even send subtitle
> > (the episode name) with the data...just the show title and description.
>Not
> > to mention they appear to send less than 24 hours data.  The primetime
>shows
> > for a given day appear to show up by about noon at best.  Yuk.
> >
> > Tom
>
>I've not had much issues with DVB-S EIT data I've seen from BEV,
>DishNetwork, or DirecTV, are you refering to the DVB-T, DVB-C, or ATSC
>data?

In my case, it's all ATSC...OTA digital broadcasts.  Then again, the OTA
digital stations have been a little slow in getting their act together in a
number of ways.  At least the broadcasts themselves have become pretty
reliable.  I imagine the EIT data may not be a big priority for them.  If I
remember correctly, it wasn't too long ago that my local NBC didn't send any
EIT data at all.

Tom