[mythtv-users] Can we get an update on the status ofSchedulesDirect.org?

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 7 21:58:21 UTC 2007

Charles H. Chapman wrote:
>> Can you say if this service will be free or a "for a small
>> fee" service?
>> There was a lot of talk about both options when the zap2it
>> announcement was
>> made...
>>

> Indeed.  It seems like there are a lot of technical details of how the
> system supposedly will work that could be disclosed NOW without jeopardizing
> the legal aspects of the deal.

I suspect that the exact features and plan breakdown will depend heavily
on legal. Certainly anything to do with extra features that are
available for a fee such as number of days of listings and the amount of
data provided above and beyond the basics of title, subtitle and
description. I anticipate that there will be 2 or more levels of
service. One basic 7 day plan for free and a 14 day plan with info like
producer, actors, previous air dates, etc.... Maybe even limit the free
service to 3 days and have 7 and 14 day services. Yes I know there are a
bunch of cheap skates out there that want something for nothing and a 3
day listing would be perfect for their use. And the pay for listings
feature is a perfect way for the devs to make money on this project
without appearing to be making it from an open source package.

Bill