Robert Current robert.current at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 22:15:38 UTC 2007

Yea, I read it.  This is pretty far off topic.  WAY off topic..

If you read the fine print of any agreement, you will find they love
to hide fees.  Being "on the hook" for transactions that were properly
confirmed and registered as valid by an online merchant account
provider seems pretty far fetched.

So, they got thousands of "ripped off credit card transactions" they
were still charged fees on?  $0.50 for thousands is still only
hundreds of dollars, and if they are shipping that volume of
merchandise, I'd bet the business had to be VERY good anyway.  The
merchandise loss is HUGE compared to the fees at that point...

And, one would think they should have someone read the fine print
about how transactions are confirmed, when they are registered as
valid, and optional transaction insurance schemes with that volume of
business.  And, one would have to believe they had an opportunity to
seek financial reparations from several sources, including the
merchant account provider, and the scamper, if it destroyed their
business.

And, one would think, if it were that risky, how come anyone does it?
That's pretty risky!  How can we have anyone allowed to use credit
cards at all in that case?

This is off topic.  But I'm sure there are multiple forums that would
be able to discuss credit card merchant account safety.  I remain
unconvinced, I've seen the agreements, had an account, worked fine for
me, as it does for thousands (if not millions) of people every day.
One anecdotal horror story does not convince me PayPal is the savior
to on line credit card transactions.