Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Aug 7 22:31:29 UTC 2007

On 08/07/2007 05:50 PM, Tom Dexter wrote:

> From: "Robert Current"
>>
>> On 8/7/07, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Boy, you're not kidding.  My Samsung HD receivers supports EIT
>>> data, and from what I've seen, the NY area networks I get don't
>>> even send subtitle (the episode name) with the data...just the
>>> show title and description. Not to mention they appear to send
>>> less than 24 hours data.  The primetime shows for a given day
>>> appear to show up by about noon at best.  Yuk.
>>
>> I've not had much issues with DVB-S EIT data I've seen from BEV,
>> DishNetwork, or DirecTV, are you refering to the DVB-T, DVB-C, or
>> ATSC data?
>
> In my case, it's all ATSC...OTA digital broadcasts.

Mine too, and the best I get is now/next data (and it's often wrong when
Myth's data from TMS is right).

> Then again, the OTA digital stations have been a little slow in
> getting their act together in a number of ways.  At least the
> broadcasts themselves have become pretty reliable.  I imagine the EIT
> data may not be a big priority for them.  If I remember correctly, it
> wasn't too long ago that my local NBC didn't send any EIT data at
> all.

But, you could pay $30 a month for a basic satellite subscription/STB,
then pipe its output to an analog capture card and you wouldn't have to
pay for SchedulesDirect!  (Of course, you wouldn't get HDTV, either.)
Oh, and when you install your second capture card, you can pay $5/mo
extra for the per-receiver charge (which the satellite company uses--at
least in part--to pay for, er, listings data).

Mike