John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 23:10:46 UTC 2007

> > Assuming you paid for the subscription you I believe can use it however
> you
> > want as long as you do not violate copyright by giving a copy of it to
> > anyone else in any form.
>
> I don't agree. Your "subscription" is a license, and you are bound by the
> terms of it, as well as all applicable laws, such as copyright.

 I have never seen or agreed to license agreement on any printed material.
Although, I knew the copyright laws applied. I know I can photocopy a
printed work as long as I own the work and I do not give the photocopy to
anyone.

The license can impose conditions over and above what the copyright laws
> impose.

I understand that.

You definitely can't "use it however you want".

I know you can not give it to  anyone so that is not what I meant.

Perhaps failure to understand this is part of what led to the present
> situation.

When I suggested this in the first place I was kidding as in my mind this
would be kind of ridiculous to go through all the effort to scan these
listings in versus paying a few dollars for much better data.

John