Robert Current robert.current at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 04:49:30 UTC 2007

Yea, I see now, totally agree.  MythTV has the stuff it takes for
backend expansion!!!  I maxed my DirecTiVo out at 240 hours.  TiVo
does DVR->DVD, but MythTV goes both ways!  Never messed with the Video
to iPod stuff, couldn't comment on that.

Haven't used those options much, but yes, MythTV has that over TiVo.
Still, comes with a high administration time and dollar cost.

MythTV might have the high-end, high-skill-to-be-maintainable nitch
covered.  TiVo might have the mid-range covered better (and quickly
being approached by other commercial competitors).  MythTV was filling
a low-end niche for a lot of people I know, where time came easier
than money.

I just wonder what will happen there when more dollar signs are
attached to MythTV usability?

Anyway, last comment I'm making on this unless someone changes the
subject to MythTV vs Tivo, sorta off topic to the schedulesdirect.org
thing now...