[mythtv-users] Alternatives to Supporting schedulesdirect.org

Robert Current robert.current at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 06:09:01 UTC 2007

On 8/7/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> a) EIT is /not/ the same as illegally accessing encrypted content.
>
> b) Discussion of EIT is perfectly fine.
>
> Only the couple of free-to-air (=unencrypted) channels on the DISH
> satellites, unless the user subscribes to DISH network and buys/rents an
> STB for each analog capture card he wishes to use with the DISH network
> source.
>
> It's perfectly stable if you're not doing illegal things...  If it
> becomes stable for the illegal things, I hope DISH tells us so we can
> break the illegal stuff.

So are you suggesting, since the EIT is on FTA channels, includes
locals, is perfectly stable, and provides at least seveal days of
solid listing data...

Using your info there, it might be a one time cost, long time useful
data source for listing data for local OTA and cable customers?  Maybe
a local ETA to local hub in each community, like the wunderground.org
data distribution for weather station model?

Hadn't thought of that, that's a great idea Mike!