Braindead Braindead at diablops.com
Wed Aug 8 13:20:51 UTC 2007

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 08:48:45 -0400
Jeff Wormsley <daworm at comcast.net> wrote:

> Michael T. Dean wrote:
> > OK, so you're saying there are two types of people in the world:
<snip>
> happen to look at a problem and try to find ways to solve it for less
> money. The time I spend may have a "cost", but that "cost" doesn't
> come out of my bank account, and is "spent" during my "free" time
> when I wouldn't be earning anything else, anyway.
>
> As for listings, until we see the pricing, it may well turn out to be
> a wasted effort to get this data for free versus paying for it.  It
> may not.  But my first thoughts without that information is to plan
> on finding ways to avoid paying for it, and I doubt I'm the only one.

You are definitely not.

The thing that bugs me the most is that the listing data should be free to the non commercial end users.  It's in the best interest of the TV stations to let you know what is on, when it's on..etc.  The problem is that TMS wants to treat end users the same way they treat commercial entities that make money from the listings.

My Myth box cost $0, if I'm going to pay a subscription I might as well pay my cable provider $5.99 a month for a 2 tuner DVR...   Of course I wouldn't even pay that, as we only watch at most 1-2 shows a week.  I'll most likely send the additional money to greencine and up my plan there.