[mythtv-users] USB IR receiver for Harmony remote

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Aug 8 15:56:04 UTC 2007

On Aug 8, 2007, at 8:49 AM, Willy Boyd wrote:

> On 8/8/07, Mike LaPlante <mike at dividia.net> wrote:
>> So.... if I could set my lircd.conf to the codes for some IR
>> keyboard...
>> the question then is since I don't have said keyboard how do I
>> program
>> the Harmony? I'm guessing I'll have to call tech support for that.
>>
>> Mike
>
> That has _got_ to be something already in the Harmony DB, to keep us
> from having to "teach" codes which we can't fire off (not having the
> physical device).  The trick is finding out which one.  Their app is
> mostly nice but is definitely a tad slow.  If you do happen to call
> tech support and get some good info, please share!  :-)  I haven't yet
> simply because I know I don't have a good universal receiver anyway.

I set my remote to the Hauppauge PVR-150 and used irrecord to build a
config file for my IRTrans receiver. It took a few tries to figure
out what I was doing, but I finally got it all working. All my
buttons are mapped including a few custom ones that show up in the
LCD display. Those I mapped to the color buttons Red, Yellow, Green
and Blue for custom scripts I have running like Ejecting the DVD
tray, Displaying News in the OSD, If anyone with an IRTrans and
Hauppauge remote would like my lirc config files, I'm happy to send
them along but they won't work with any other receiver as far as I'm
aware.