Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Aug 8 16:09:06 UTC 2007

jedi at mishnet.org wrote:

>>> Well, that's your choice, I suppose.  Personally I don't worry too
>>> much about giving *any* company a CC number, because if there's a
>>> dispute the CC company will almost always go to bat for me.  If you
>
> Are you sure about that?
>
> Are you REALLY sure about that?
>
> Has this presumption been tested in practice?

I'll confirm that:

AMEX said "oh, that doesn't look like you; charges gone, and your new
card is in the mail".

CHASE said "your new card is in the mail.  We've sent you an affidavit
to sign/notarize, and once we get it back the charges will be wiped."  I
work with a notary, so it cost me a stamp to get the issue resolved.

Bank account numbers are a different thing altogether, but PayPal is
under some pretty heavy scrutiny by the ebay world.  And like I said, as
it relates to Schedules Direct, no one will need to create a PayPal
account to sign up.

-Chris