Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Aug 8 18:13:17 UTC 2007

On Aug 8, 2007, at 11:02 AM, Don Smith wrote:

> Why has nobody looked at getting the data out of the vbi? Also why
> doesn't mythtv set system time with the rds data?

As far as I know, vbi data is only available as you're recording. So
unless you want to record every show you can possibly get and rely on
that information not changing for the next time the program is on, I
don't think it's going to be useful. You can feel free to set your
system clock to sync with rds data. I have a script that will do it
based on data from my DirecTV receivers, but I find NTP is more
accurate. Since I record OTA and DirecTV, I prefer my system clock to
keep real time, not DirecTV time. I do set my recordings to default
to 30 seconds before and 30 seconds after a recording since DirecTV
is out of sync a little and I often miss the beginning few seconds of
a show otherwise.