Robert Current robert.current at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 18:40:20 UTC 2007

On 8/8/07, Jake <jakep_82 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Have you read Zap2it's letter to the community?

Yes, I read it.  Long ago.  It doesn't explain anything really, other
than they made a decision that was within their rights to make.

> They don't use the word
> fraud, but it's not exactly hard to figure out what they're talking about.

yes, actually, it is hard to figure out.  They couldn't do it anymore
because of "misuse" and "risk."  But that all goes away for a fee?
But somehow, they don't want charge a fee?

I'm sorry, once again there seems to be something that someone isn't
saying.  I honestly, truely, don't know what your talking about.  How
can it be a risk and misuse in the past, but not now?  Can someone
define what the risk was?  What the misuse was?

I THOUGHT I figured it out, being the over zealous use of pulling
data..  The hardware load on their system...  but, it didn't say that,
it was just my wild guess.  If that was it, how will
schedulesdirect.org prevent it?

if that wasn't it, then I don't know what it was..  so I'm asking.

> Now that money is involved, I don't see fraud or violation of TOS being a
> major problem.

I don't see how money solves the problem.  Because, to me, it's
totally unclear what the problem was in the first place.

Yes, loosing Zap2It is a problem, in the end.  But the problem that
CAUSED them to stop is still a bit foggy to me.