Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Aug 8 19:02:12 UTC 2007

Robert Current wrote:
> What fraud?  Was the data used for something other than MythTV PVR's
> like originally intended?  Was someone trying to re-sell the data?

Most of the "abuse" falls under the category of "fraud"..  Companies
pretending to be users, etc.

> And how is the schedulesdirect.org project going
> to stop this fraud issue?

Well, what I really wanted to do was track credit card numbers, but that
would require dealing directly with credit card numbers (bad on so many
levels).

But there are other options like tracking email addresses, domains, ip
addresses, etc.  There was plenty of discussion on this topic before SD
announced that we exist.

-Chris