[mythtv-users] USB IR receiver for Harmony remote

Willy Boyd willyboyd at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 19:28:54 UTC 2007

On 8/8/07, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> On Aug 8, 2007, at 8:49 AM, Willy Boyd wrote:
>
> > On 8/8/07, Mike LaPlante <mike at dividia.net> wrote:
> >> So.... if I could set my lircd.conf to the codes for some IR
> >> keyboard...
> >> the question then is since I don't have said keyboard how do I
> >> program
> >> the Harmony? I'm guessing I'll have to call tech support for that.
> >>
> >> Mike
> >
> > That has _got_ to be something already in the Harmony DB, to keep us
> > from having to "teach" codes which we can't fire off (not having the
> > physical device).  The trick is finding out which one.  Their app is
> > mostly nice but is definitely a tad slow.  If you do happen to call
> > tech support and get some good info, please share!  :-)  I haven't yet
> > simply because I know I don't have a good universal receiver anyway.
>
> I set my remote to the Hauppauge PVR-150 and used irrecord to build a
> config file for my IRTrans receiver. It took a few tries to figure
> out what I was doing, but I finally got it all working. All my
> buttons are mapped including a few custom ones that show up in the
> LCD display. Those I mapped to the color buttons Red, Yellow, Green
> and Blue for custom scripts I have running like Ejecting the DVD
> tray, Displaying News in the OSD, If anyone with an IRTrans and
> Hauppauge remote would like my lirc config files, I'm happy to send
> them along but they won't work with any other receiver as far as I'm
> aware.

Right.  I skipped most of that and just used a lircd.conf file already
built for the Hauppauge.  But, I've assigned actions to all the
buttons that are present on the remote, and still want to add more
(because there's so much room left on the Harmony, especially when you
consider the custom LCD actions).  Therein lies the rub.