[mythtv-users] MythVideo Plugin won't work: unable to initializeplugin 'mythvideo'

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 8 22:09:28 UTC 2007

jedi at mishnet.org wrote:
>>> When I try to access the MythVideo plugin in any way,
>>> I get an error.
>>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> _ZN42_GLOBAL__N_videolist.cpp_00000000_DA2D03F817tree_view_to_flatERNS_13m
>>> eta_dir_nodeERSt6vectorIP8MetadataSaIS4_EE
>>>
>> You are building from the 0.20 release tarballs, although they exist, and
>> are apparently often downloaded, you really should be building -fixes.
>>

>     If it's not a "release" then "I" personally shouldn't be building
> from it as an end user. That is what "releases" are for. Same goes for
> Ubuntu too. The svn snapshot madness needs to stop.
>
> [deletia]

The devs for myth have decided for better or worse that "releases" are
static snapshots taken on release day which is standard stuff but
instead of releasing a new higher version for each minor bug fix they
decided to make a -fixes branch in SVN which contains the release code
plus any bug fixes to the trunk SVN branch that also apply to the
release code. So feel free to compile the fixes branch knowing that you
are getting the best of both worlds.