[mythtv-users] MythVideo Plugin won't work: unable to initializeplugin 'mythvideo'

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 00:32:11 UTC 2007

On 08/08/2007, William Munson <william_munson at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> >> [...]
> >>>
> >> You are building from the 0.20 release tarballs, although they exist, and
> >> are apparently often downloaded, you really should be building -fixes.
> >>

> >     If it's not a "release" then "I" personally shouldn't be building
> > from it as an end user. That is what "releases" are for. Same goes for
> > Ubuntu too. The svn snapshot madness needs to stop.
> >
> > [deletia]
> >

> The devs for myth have decided for better or worse that "releases" are
> static snapshots taken on release day which is standard stuff but
> instead of releasing a new higher version for each minor bug fix they
> decided to make a -fixes branch in SVN which contains the release code
> plus any bug fixes to the trunk SVN branch that also apply to the
> release code. So feel free to compile the fixes branch knowing that you
> are getting the best of both worlds.

I really think then that 0.20-fixes tarballs are made available by
default on the official MythTV downloads page:
http://mythtv.org/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=1
instead of (or at least in addition to) the now 11-month old vanilla
0.20 tarballs.

As the -fixes branch contains fixes considered important enough to be
backported to the released code and not just SVN trunk, why not make
those fixes available to users downloading the tarballs directly from
the homepage?

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki: