[mythtv-users] Supporting schedulesdirect.org (Tom Greer)

Tom Greer trgreer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 00:57:06 UTC 2007

On 8/7/07, Calin Brabandt <cbrabandt at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The recent schedulesdirect announcement says their EPG
> will be a "pay to play" service.  I don't think many
> of us will pay the high fees the Tivo and ReplayTV
> services, the cablecos, and the pizza dish pimps have
> been charging.  Given schedulesdirect is a commercial
> venture, or at least partnered with a commercial
> business seeking revenue, I'm inclined to wait to see
> their pricing structure before I invest.
>
> However, I would be interested in investing time in
> helping with the development or testing of alternative
> scraping projects--just in case schedulesdirect also
> wants the typical $10 / month (for a full blown,
> commercial, DRM-supporting PVR) fee -- or thereabouts.
>
> -Cal

Cal,

I'm not sure why you chose to start this new thread with my name in the
title.

The views you express are not in alignment with any that I have expressed.
And they don't seem to be a response to anything I have posted.

So, next time you want to start a new thread, please choose someone else's
name.

If my name is going to be headlined, I'd like it to be for something worthy
of recognition.

Tom