[mythtv-users] A hope regarding the new SchedulesDirect methodology

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Thu Aug 9 03:41:47 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 22:02 -0500, Robert Eden wrote:
> On 8/8/2007 8:01 PM, Ian Forde wrote:
> > In my myth setup, I have to use 2 Z2L accounts in order to get my
> > listings.  I'd just like to remind the powers-that-be that there may be
> > many people out there in the same scenario, and hope that we wouldn't
> > have to sign up twice to SchedulesDirect to get the equivalent
> > functionality.  I always found that to be a peculiar aspect of
> > labs.zap2it.com in that one could only choose one listing of each type
> > from a given account, so I couldn't have say...
> >
> > (in the SF Bay Area)
> > 1. Direct cable feed (up to channel 83)
> > 2. DCT-2000 feed over RCA (up to channel 5xx)
> > 3. DVB feed
> > 4. DCT-6200 feed over firewire (19x and 7xx HD channels)
> >
> > Especially 3 & 4 on the same listing... wasn't possible...
> >
> Can you elaborate a bit and include actual lineup names not local
> physical device names?

Okay - here goes - BTW - I was wrong in my summary above - 3&4 coexist
just fine... it's a different conflict..

I have 2 accounts:

Account 1 has 2 listing types:
Cable - "attached" to 2*PVR 150 cards
Cable Digital - "attached" to the DCT-2000

Account 2 has 2 listing types:
Cable Digital - "attached" to a DCT-6200 - some of the DCT-2000 channels
don't come through via firewire (5C encryption), so I had to disable
them.  But this lineup/tuner can accept the HD channels that the
DCT-2000 can't.
Local - "attached" to a PCHDTV 3000 card - this is for my QAM channels
over comcast, so it's just the DT HD channels

> I have confirmed with both Z2L and SD, I could add "DirectTV" and
> "DirectTV Dallas". (both Satellite)
>
> If you're talking wanting to add a single lineup twice with different
> stations added/removed,  that limitation still exists and is caused by
> some low level settings shared by both platforms.

That's what I'm talking about - especially applicable when one has 2
cable boxes with different capabilities...

> The solution is to filter channels on the client side.   Maybe the
> capability will be added to the native myth grabber, but if not, feel
> free to use the XMLTV grabber as it can filter at the client level.  I
> believe current versions of  the myth XMLTV loader finds all the
> "special" fields that Z2L provided, and XMLTV put in "strange" places.
> If  they missed some, I'm sure I can work it out with them.

I think I see what you mean - so I should have one "unified" listing,
then use the channel editor in myth to disable the
non-working-per-cable-box per tuner, right?

	-I