[mythtv-users] A hope regarding the new SchedulesDirect methodology

Ron Garrison ron.garrison at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 04:11:55 UTC 2007

This is something I also need to do (have 2 accounts).  I was not going to
say anything until I saw what was available through scedulesdirect, but
since its been brought up....  If there is way to get around this in MythTV
I was never able to figure it out.

In my case I have comcast cable.  I run the cable direct to two ntsc tuners
which gets me channels up to 99.  I use the cable box controlled via RS-232
for the upper channels. I therefore need two separate cable listings as I
couldn't seem to filter them on the client side per tuner.  Zap2it would
allow two listings with one account if you had OTA and cable, but you
couldn't have two different cable listings on the same account, thus
requiring two separate accounts.   I also grab the local HD channels off the
cable, but can use the OTA listings for this - avoiding a third account.

If I could filter on the client on a per tuner basis then the problem would
be solved - but as I said, I was not able to figure out how to do this.

Ron