[mythtv-users] Alternatives to Supporting schedulesdirect.org

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Aug 9 07:39:50 UTC 2007

Blammo wrote:
> Several of us on this llist may be in a position to assist with the
> either hosting and/or bandwidth involved in providing this data.. Are
> there any plans to widen out the hosting foodprint of the data?

Hosting for the future www.schedulesdirect.org will be provided by a
large ISP that happens to have a MythTV-using sysadmin (I'll let him
identify himself and the company if he wants to).  He offered up a
server and free hosting space until we can get our feet on the ground,
and we'll be switching to that machine as soon as Robert and I can
finish the account creation/development code.

For now, the data distribution will actually be going through TMS's
servers just like Labs did (although they're newer servers, and more of
them), so we won't actually need all that much bandwidth for ourselves.
 If we ever end up hosting the data ourselves, we may look into other
offerings (of which there are several, including yours).

-Chris