[mythtv-users] A hope regarding the new SchedulesDirect methodology

Robert Eden rmeden at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 9 07:59:24 UTC 2007

On 8/8/2007 10:56 PM, Robert Eden wrote:
> On 8/8/2007 10:41 PM, Ian Forde wrote:
>>> The solution is to filter channels on the client side.   Maybe the
>>> capability will be added to the native myth grabber, but if not, feel
>>> free to use the XMLTV grabber as it can filter at the client level.  I
>>> believe current versions of  the myth XMLTV loader finds all the
>>> "special" fields that Z2L provided, and XMLTV put in "strange" places.
>>> If  they missed some, I'm sure I can work it out with them.
>>>
>> I think I see what you mean - so I should have one "unified" listing,
>> then use the channel editor in myth to disable the
>> non-working-per-cable-box per tuner, right?
Actually no, not a unified lineup.  XMLTV/tv_grab_na_dd only supports
one "lineup" per "config" file.  Even though all lineups are downloaded,
only the one in the config file is used.  In addition the config file
lets you filter out certain stations.

My solution is this:

tuner1.config

    username: user
    password: pass
    timezone: -0500
    lineup:   TX42822:-
    channel: 54 AETV
    channel: 43 CNBC
    not channel: 3 DSC
    not channel: 57 TLC

tuner2.config

    username: user
    password: pass
    timezone: -0500
    lineup:   TX42822:-
    not channel: 54 AETV
    not channel: 43 CNBC
    channel: 3 DSC
    channel: 57 TLC

tv_grab_na_dd --config-file-tuner1.config --dd-data=dd.xml
--output=tuner1.xmltv
tv_grab_na_dd --config-file-tuner2.config --dd-data=dd.xml
--output=tuner2.xmltv --reprocess
mythdatabaseload  tuner1.xmltv  (syntax made up, remember I don't know myth)
mythdatabaseload  tuner2.xmltv

Robert