Robert Eden rmeden at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 9 14:37:50 UTC 2007

On 8/9/2007 9:10 AM, jason maxwell wrote:
> TitanTV works with some other OSS projects I believe, why is Myth not
> on the list?
> -J
I can't answer that, but we contacted TitanTV and they said they weren't
interested.

We (various OSS project leaders) didn't want to create a non-profit.  We
knew the quickest and simplest solution would be to switch to someone
who already had data and was willing (and able) to provide it.

While some folks were willing to provide data (at a fee), the
thoroughness of the data didn't match up to what we were used to with Z2L.

It was only after all the other avenues panned out did we look into
creating a non-profit and started negotiating with Tribune.

BTW... we started all this after the announcement...  time was (and is)
critical.

Robert
XMLTV
Schedules Direct