[mythtv-users] MythWeb Access Help

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Aug 9 15:01:33 UTC 2007

On Aug 9, 2007, at 12:05 AM, Ian Forde wrote:

> As a workaround, probably... but you're probably better off using
> something else for web-accessible music and configuring apache for
> that... at least for now - it saves reinventing the wheel...

I really like mp3act, so I might just install it in another directory
outside of mythweb/ and treat it completely separately, but use the
same database tables and everything. Not the best solution since I
would have to maintain it separately for upgrades and stuff like
that, but certainly a good quick way of getting what I'd like.

>> There is no way you can convince me the best way to do that is to
>> write a bunch of C++ and PHP code implemented a fully integrated Myth
>> + MythWeb user authentication system from scratch. But it's late, so
>> I'll assume you had a long day/need some sleep and let this one
>> slide. :)
>
> Actually, after thinking about it for a bit, the best way WOULD be to
> implement multiple users inside myth.  Then mythweb would be able to
> leverage it... but that's a long-term solution... ;)
>
> In fact, it was tried before during last year's Google SoC, no?
>
> Of course, I'd love it if it could all be integrated into LDAP if it
> were done, but I doubt that would happen - probably easier to
> integrate
> if the users were in mysql...
>
> 	-I

I agree multi-user support would be cool, but I guarantee you that if
I did it, it would suit ONLY my needs of two users limiting 1
directory. I've got the PHP  knowledge to hack it together, but I
have never put the time into learning C++ and at this point in my
life, I don't imagine I will have that kind of time for a long, long
time.