[mythtv-users] "Ultimate" MythTV remote setup?

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 15:12:04 UTC 2007

On 8/9/07, Mark Lehrer <mark at knm.org> wrote:

> Oh, also, which remote & IR receiver setup would you recommend for
> MythTV?  I'm assuming that it isn't possible to auto-learn the
> keystrokes from an RF keyboard.
>
> I would really love to go all-RF though but that is probably not
> really a reasonable option at this point.
>
> Thanks again!
> Mark

You keep replying to me, you should reply to the list.  Anyway... you
can't learn RF.  You can only learn IR.  I had previously tought my
remote to learn my IR keyboard, but it was fairly flakey and turned
out to be not worth it (tried two different brands of IR keyboards,
but the remote didn't really like their kind of signal).  I now have
it emulate the Hauppauge remote and use the integrated IR receiver on
my PVR-250 card.

That said, harmony/logitech have RF options, but not for "learning" purposes.

Thanks!
Matt