[mythtv-users] Mention of SchedulesDirect on Zap2It Labs

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Aug 9 16:02:11 UTC 2007

On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 08:49:24AM -0500, Ramon Redondo wrote:
> While Schedules Direct will continue to support the open source
> community and the users of "freeware", it will not support users of
> "commercial" products, such as DVRs, that were purchased from either a
> retail outlet or a company that used Zap2it Labs as its television
> listings source.

Silence is sedition:

This continues to beg the question (yes, yes, I know :-) -- does this
mean that if I wanted to go into business selling Mythboxen, that I
could *not* tell my customers "you can get listing data from Schedules
Direct; here's where you go"?

Because, again, I can't see anything that impinges on SD (and,
formerly, Z2l's) patch, as long as the end user is the one doing the
setup.

I can't *really* see anything bad even if the builder does it, as long
as the end user activates it -- which they almost certainly would have
had to do anyway.

I shouldn't have posted this, and you shouldn't reply -- unless you
have more than speculation to supply about what was actually happening.
I'm sorry; I'll shut up now.

Cheers,
-- jra