[mythtv-users] Could we revisit adding a third discussion list?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Aug 9 16:31:25 UTC 2007

On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 09:27:36AM -0700, David Brodbeck wrote:
> On Aug 8, 2007, at 8:15 PM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> > Maybe some of us don't want to spend more time (i.e. than we'd spend
> > reading on-topic postings) sifting through all of the OT the crap we
> > will want to add to our killfiles and doing so.  The S:N ratio here is
> > particularly bad.  Anything to make it better is much welcome.
>
> I don't know.  Most of the noise is confined to a few threads.  It's
> pretty easy in most mailreaders to just select a whole thread and
> delete it,  much like you'd do on a Usenet group.
>
> The problem is one person's noise is another person's signal. ;)

Precisely.  That Brian views the problem the way he does tells me he
doesn't know how to kill a thread in his mailreader.  Shame this isn't
a newsgroup.  :-)

Brian: you typicall kill an entire thread when you get sick of reading
it, and then you don't see any of it anymore.

What mailreader do you use (be specific), and I'll find out how you do it.

Cheers,
-- jra