[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct Announces Initial Pricing

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Aug 9 17:10:26 UTC 2007

John Arkoian wrote:
> Somewhere in a thread here I remember reading an un-official number of
> Zap2It labs mythtv-based users in the amount of 64,000 folks.  I don't know
> if this is accurate, but it seems plausible.

It's not accurate (in a couple of different ways).  We'll post the
actual numbers (including "accounts" vs "active" users) if/when we get
permission to do so.

> 64K x $20/year (goal price, not current schedulesdirect.org pricing) = +1.3
> million USD/year
>
> Does anyone else see a problem with this?

If we got 64k users, we'd just keep dropping the price.  The $20/year
number is based on rough estimates of how many of the existing users we
hope will pay for this new service.

Our charter says that any additional funds will be given back to the OSS
community, too..  Either directly to MythTV/XMLTV (and other FOSS
projects that use SD), or to the EFF or another similar organization.

-Chris