[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct Announces Initial Pricing

Gavin Haslett gavin at nodecaf.net
Thu Aug 9 17:21:47 UTC 2007

On 8/9/07 12:10 PM, "Chris Petersen" <lists at forevermore.net> wrote:
> Our charter says that any additional funds will be given back to the OSS
> community, too..  Either directly to MythTV/XMLTV (and other FOSS
> projects that use SD), or to the EFF or another similar organization.

See, me personally I'd rather continue to pay the $20 per year after the
initial "charged beta" version and have that money put into full-on
"commercial" development of MythTV. It's a kick-ass product today, I can say
that quite definitely... But with a solid and consistent income funding
further development I can only imagine where it could go.

I'd still want to see it remain open-source though :)