[mythtv-users] A hope regarding the new SchedulesDirect methodology

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Aug 9 18:17:27 UTC 2007

On 08/09/2007 01:14 PM, Chris Petersen wrote:
> Asher wrote:
>
>> While I understand that this is a fundamental low level issue, but
>> maybe there is a way around it by having a higher level account that
>> people have at SD, which is a container for multiple other accounts
>> that contain the lineups.
>>
> That would probably violate our agreement with TMS, not to mention be a
> headache to develop.  We did talk about this kind of thing, though --
> offering some kind of "sub account" for people in your situation at a
> significantly reduced cost.  But I don't think that it will be able to
> happen.

Chris, the patch in #3299 will allow filtering of one "larger" lineup by
mfdb (technically allows keeping channels in the lineup even if they're
not associated with the current video source).  However, it should
probably be modified to include some caching mechanism (as without the
modification, it downloads the one larger lineup once for each video
source that uses the lineup).

Since so many people are worried about this, perhaps one of them who
needs this functionality will write the caching logic (technically, they
just have to ensure that we cache the downloaded data longer than we
currently do)...

Mike