[mythtv-users] Minor questions on interface options, remote/key bindings, and flow

D. Moonfire lists at mfgames.com
Thu Aug 9 19:21:10 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 08/08/2007 10:59 AM, D. Moonfire wrote:
>> Rather new to MythTV, being that my setup is only a few weeks old. I got
>> everything working beautifully (including the dual satellite setup and a
>> separate BE/FE arrangement), but I had a few questions that I would *love*
>> pointers to how to figure them out.

Thanks, I'll check out those options when I get home.

>> 4. Is there a setting for getting audible feedback while pressing buttons? So,
>> you can hear sounds when you change options, hit the chan+/chan- buttons, etc.
>
> Not really.  There's a setting that runs a script on every keypress, but
> there's enough latency it doesn't really work for this.

Bummer, its one of those nice things knowing when you actually hit a button as
opposed to holding the remote upside down because you don't want to bother
turning on the lights.

>> 5. I have *no* clue why I can't get my number keys to work. :) In the lircrc
>> file, it is just "1", right?
>
> Yep.  However, those keys are used for different things in different
> places (i.e. 1 will bring up the icon help in Watch Recordings), so they
> may be working and you may just not be noticing.

I know they aren't working. If I use the board on the EPG and type 501 (first
movie channel), it jumps to the channel. On the remote, it just doesn't do
anything. I'll see if there is an error log file or something and post for help
if I still can't figure it out.

Thank you.