[mythtv-users] upgraded to fedora 7, now firewire is broken

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 23:25:46 UTC 2007

On 8/9/07, Mike LaPlante <mike at dividia.net> wrote:

> So Axel, I don't know anything about firewire (this STB is the first
> firewire device I've ever used) but I was thinking you could make your
> rpm add the blacklist lines. It seems to me anyone installing your
> ieee1394-kmdl package will not be wanting the firewire_* modules
> both. Either way adding two lines to a conf file is no biggie for me.

I have never blacklisted a module, but after googling, I am guessing I
just need to edit the /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist file to include these
two lines:
blacklist firewire_core
blacklist firewire_ohci

and then reboot the system.  Is this correct, or am I off on the syntax?

And thanks for testing and confirming.  It is nice to know I am likely
to have a functional firewire capture again, and less than 24 hours
after I begged for help.