[mythtv-users] Heads up Aussies - EPG supply in Australia

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Fri Aug 10 01:54:03 UTC 2007

This one time, at band camp, David Segall wrote:

> There is nothing illegal about the way we get our guide. It comes from
> public web sites.

That doesn't necessarily mean you have the right to reuse it somewhere
else.  Practically though, you're unlikely to get into trouble using it
for personal use.  Anyone repackaging it, however, could well land in
trouble.

> We are definitely not "poor souls" because we have Shepherd
> <http://svn.whuffy.com/wiki>. MythTV users expect the computer to
> optimize their TV viewing and Shepherd does that for the program
> guide. It uses the computer to produce a program guide from the best
> available data on the Internet.

Yes I have to say I did wonder why the Americans haven't considered
using Shepherd.  It's brilliantly designed, incredibly flexible and does
exactly what they need.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

The Tourist Engineer
Geeks need vacations too.
http://engineer.openguides.org/

Democracy is the worst form of Government except all those
other forms that have been tried from time to time.

- Winston Churchill