[mythtv-users] LiveTV blank screen with remote backend

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 11:22:44 UTC 2007

On 10/08/07, Grzegorz Krugły <gk at karko.net> wrote:

> >> Are there any error messages in the remote frontend's logfile when you
> >> start LiveTV? I would also check the logfile on the backend as well at
> >> the moment you start LiveTV on the new frontend machine.
> >>
> At the backend inside /var/log/mythtv/ is an empty current log file
> (it's size is 0) and some very old rotated logs.

I would always recommend running mythbackend with a logfile,even with
just the default verbosity option (i.e. important,general is used if
-v is not specified).

> At the frontend there's no /var/log/mythtv directory at all.
> Can I increase logging verbosity somehow?

Logging verbosity options are available - see 'mythfrontend -v help'
and 'mythbackend -v help'.

You can always run mythfrontend from the terminal - the log output
will be output to the console if you do not specify a logfile. I would
suggest initially running mythfrontend as:

$ mythfrontend -v important,general,playback,file

and increasing verbosity if these options do not show sufficient info
to debug further.
--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki: