[mythtv-users] TMS <-> SD deal makes LifeHacker.com

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 12:41:59 UTC 2007

On 8/10/07, Braindead <Braindead at diablops.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 21:20:49 -0400
> Michelle Dupuis <support at ocg.ca> wrote:
>
> > $15/3 months according to http://www.schedulesdirect.org/
> >
> > So...US$60/yr for access to listings.  Assuming my myth system lasts
> > me 5 years, I will have spent $300 on TV listings. (Half the price of
> > the PC).
> > At that price I suspect a lot of people will be figuring out scraping
> > and using schedulesdirect as an interim measure....
>
> My cable provider offers a DVR for $5.99 a month...
>
> I've found my solution, there are many out there and at least 2 that aren't screen scraping.  Obviously I'll not mention them here as the legality of some of these solutions *may* be debatable.  If anyone is interested there are several at the gbpvr forums.

Lucky. Comcast charges $8 for the DVR box and $9.99 (soon to be $12.99
due to the upcoming TiVo4Motorola software roll out) a month per DVR.
Which can only record two channels, has no music, DVD, etc.
integration, only lets you watch what the DVR your currently using
recorded....

I'm waiting to see how the new TiVo written software works on the box
though. My friend has the DVR from RCN and their software is much
nicer, so I can only imagine what TiVo managed to do and what they
plan on being able to do with future software upgrades.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!