[mythtv-users] MythWeb Access Help

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Fri Aug 10 16:27:21 UTC 2007

On Aug 10, 2007, at 9:20 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>  I have for a while considered moving my mythtv database to another
>> box, and running Mythweb on that box. If I can do that without
>> having to install
>> a dummy backend on it for the php to talk to, it obviously
>> simplifies the
>> configuration.
>>

> You can--as long as they can communicate over the network.

Also, Mythweb needs to be able to see the video files, so you'll need
to put those on a network share.  It grabs them directly, it doesn't
stream them from mythbackend.

This also means you can't use Mythweb effectively if you have
multiple backends with their own storage.  All the recordings have to
be in one place.