[mythtv-users] Safe online CC Payments (Was Re: Supporting schedulesdirect.org)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Aug 10 16:29:28 UTC 2007

On 08/10/2007 10:54 AM, Brian Wood wrote:
> There is risk in everything. I love it when somebody who would never use a CC
> online seems to have no problem in handing one to a minimum-wager at a
> restaurant who then disappears with it for 10 minutes.
>
> Most CC theft is still low-tech, even in this modern world.

Or people on the phone on a crowded bus/in a crowded room giving their
credit card numbers to some sales agent (or an automated phone prompter)
because, "It's just not safe to use a credit card on the Internet."
(And many don't realize that you can actually type in your credit card
number when an automated system asks you to say it.)

Mike