[mythtv-users] DRM Music on it's last legs - Another predictioncomes true ahead of schedule.

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Aug 10 16:35:53 UTC 2007

On Aug 10, 2007, at 9:30 AM, Brian Wood wrote:

> You have to figure out whether the "pirate" would purchase the
> material if
> he/she couldn't "steal" it. If the answer is no then any effort you
> expend
> trying to stop the "piracy" is totally wasted, and possibly
> counter-productive.
>
> But the RIAA types would NEVER concede things like that.

Right. There are people willing to pay for stuff they find value in,
and others who aren't. You can't convince someone to pay for
something they feel like they can just get for free.
See the schedulesdirect thread for further information. ;)

(Hey, look. I brought the thread back on MythTV topic, kinda)