[mythtv-users] No Volume Controls with Digital Audio

funkyful funkyful at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 23:53:22 UTC 2007

I have recently installed Mythtv on Ubuntu v7.04  Originally, I had the my
sound from my sound card (line out) to my Sony amplifier.  Although I had
audio, there was also a hum that would not go away.  I have since connected
my sound card to my amplifier using the digital out/in ports.  I do have
sound but have lost volume control in Mythtv.  How do I regain control of my
volume in Mythtv using digital audio?

System specs:
Processor: AMD Sempron 2400
RAM: 768 MB DDR
Hard Drive: 40GB OS volume, 120GB storage volume
OS: Ubuntu v7.04

Thanks in advance!