[mythtv-users] Zalman HD-160 VFD -- LCD Display ...

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sat Aug 11 14:17:32 UTC 2007

On Aug 11, 2007, at 7:14 AM, Irumbo Mateene wrote:

> Has any one been able to get the small LCD display working on this
> case?   I have installed the software as inidicated on the myth
> hardware wiki .. but it doesn't say how to the myth lcd server to
> send data to the lcd display ..
>
> I can send something to the display , but I don't know what I need
> to get it to work, for ex.   do I need to configure the display
> using a speciifc driver for example?
>
> any help would be appreciated ...

This is the case I use and I got the VFD working using instructions
from here:
http://www.mythtvtalk.com/forum/archive/o_t/t_3367/
setting_up_vfd_ir_sensor_zalman_hd160.html
and here:

I'm having a problem with SVN right now where once in a while,
mythlcdserver will peg my processor and not let go. I haven't tracked
down what the issue is, so I've just turned off the server for now,
but it worked flawlessly with 0.20.

-Brad