[mythtv-users] record only HD

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Sat Aug 11 20:23:24 UTC 2007

Mitch Gore wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have 3 sources of video:
> PVR-150
> HDHomeRun - anntenna
> Firewire - digital cable box
>
> here is the issue.  Say i want to record any episode of law and
> order.  But i only want the HD versions.  If i say record on any
> channel at anytime i will get law and orders that were aired on cable
> rerun channels.
>
> So how can i create a rule that will record X show only when its in HD?

Not exactly a direct answer to your question but I received a nice reply
to a question I posed regarding HD priority.  You might find some tips
and tricks by reading that thread.  Here is a link to the message that
had the "meat" of the info:

http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2007-March/172352.html

HTH,

Drew