[mythtv-users] MMS as input?

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sat Aug 11 22:04:24 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 23:07 -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 21, 2007 at 10:01:13AM +1000, David Whyte wrote:
> > Back at a normal PC now and found the link.
> >
> > http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Multiple_Recordings_with_VLC
>
> MythTV has native IPTV record now.
>
> Which version did *that* show up in?
>
> (Please say SVN, since it didn't get into the book...)

I think it was in the last release as the Freebox recorder, but
the version in SVN handles MPEG-4 AVC, which the old recorder
didn't. There are still some problems with the IPTV recorder,
for example: http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3489

There is some documentation in "libs/libmythtv/iptv" look for
the README files which contain instructions for RTSP and UDP
streams. The IPTV recorder is actually merge of the old CRC
recorder and the old Freebox recorder. The CRC recorder was
written to handle UDP streams, while the Freebox recorder was
written to handle RTSP streams. Only the Freebox recorder had
the concept of channels and only the CRC recorder supported
MPEG-4 AVC. The combined recorder has support for both channels
and MPEG-4 AVC for UDP, RTP, and RTSP streams. (Both old recorders
supported MPEG-1 & MPEG-2 and these continues to be supported).

-- Daniel