No subject

Fri Aug 3 13:33:49 UTC 2007

specifically the part where I said, "Only if you decide to use the
OpenGL video renderer," and then talked about how
stupi^H^H^H^H^H^Hwasteful it would be to buy a $500 video card just so
you can use the OpenGL video renderer.

If Xv (or XvMC) works for you (and I'm assuming it does as you have a
Myth box now), changing video cards just to use the OpenGL renderer is
not required.

> I saw this for and got some information on it:
> http://www.nabble.com/mythtv-vid-branch-needs-testing-t4202218s15552.html
> but I still am not clear on what exactly this will do and if this is
> aimed for way down the road, or soon (meaning I would *potentially*
> need to replace my 5200 card).

No need to replace it until NVIDIA's drivers no longer support it and
you need to upgrade your kernel/system/whatever or need new drivers
because the bug in the last version that works with your card starts
annoying you.

Mike