[mythtv-users] Global guide key binding that works with live tv

Matt Doran matt.doran at papercut.biz
Sun Aug 12 13:05:47 UTC 2007

Hi there,

I've searched the list, and seen a number of people ask this question
.... but without any answers.

I'd like to setup a key on my remote to bring up the guide no matter
where I am in myth.  If I setup the key to use the jump point, ... it
behaves badly when watching live tv (no preview and exits TV).  So I
just have the "guide" button on my remote mapped to "S", and lose the
global behavior.

Is it possible to have a global guide jump point, but get the normal
guide behavior in live tv (e.g. the S key)??

I've tried a few things without success.  I'm using svn trunk.

Thanks,
Matt