[mythtv-users] Will schedulesdirect feedback listing errors to TMS?

Robert Eden rmeden at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 12 16:48:40 UTC 2007

On 8/12/2007 10:51 AM, Ken Mandelberg wrote:
> As a customer of TMS will schedulesdirect have some clout in getting
> systematic listing errors fixed? For example the Comedy Channel listings
> for Stewart/Colbert are notorious for being incomplete, leading to a lot
> of duplicate recordings. The problems are presumably at Comedy Channel,
> but as a substantial paying customer I would hope SD could push TMS to
> press CC for better listings.

Yes and no... Our contract with Tribune does include information on
sending corrections.  This will very helpful with lineup errors.

There is a chance that the new feed source may be more current than the
Zap2IT Labs source, but we won't know until we start using it. .  I can
see Tribune requiring details like the guest on  The Daily Show to come
only from the stations.

Schedules Direct does have some long term plans to augment the Tribune
data with additional updates, but we're not sure how that will play out
yet.  Partially it depends on the number of subscribers we get.  All
that said, our primary focus is 9/1. Once we're up and running we'll be
able to work on issues like this.

Robert
XMLTV
Schedules Direct