[mythtv-users] Will schedulesdirect feedback listing errors to TMS?

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 12 16:56:59 UTC 2007

Quoting Robert Eden <rmeden at yahoo.com>:

> On 8/12/2007 10:51 AM, Ken Mandelberg wrote:
<snip>

> Yes and no... Our contract with Tribune does include information on
> sending corrections.  This will very helpful with lineup errors.
>
> There is a chance that the new feed source may be more current than the
> Zap2IT Labs source, but we won't know until we start using it. .  I can
> see Tribune requiring details like the guest on  The Daily Show to come
> only from the stations.
>
> Schedules Direct does have some long term plans to augment the Tribune
> data with additional updates, but we're not sure how that will play out
> yet.  Partially it depends on the number of subscribers we get.  All
> that said, our primary focus is 9/1. Once we're up and running we'll be
> able to work on issues like this.
>
> Robert
<snip>

As long as the patch that I got committed to offset listings by a time
delay will continue to work, then I'm still happy.  The only thing is
that it's setup to work only with DataDirect listings, so I'm not
looking forward to most of my channels being off by three hours again.

I'm willing to make a new patch if necessary once SD takes over, but
this is something that Zap2It just absolutely refused to fix for me.
I'd love it if SD could ue their clout to get it fixed.

-- Joe

Need personalized email and website? Look no further. It's easy
with Doteasy $0 Web Hosting! Learn more at www.doteasy.com