[mythtv-users] Listings from EIT and non EIT sources

Jerome Hettich jerome at hettich.org.uk
Sun Aug 12 21:00:49 UTC 2007

I have recently becoma a bit fed up with one of my myth backends
recording multiple copies of an identical program from the same channel
on two different sources.  The reason for this on my set up seems to be
that one of my mythtv backends has a DVB-T source which obtains its
listings from EIT and one analog source which obtains its listings from
XMLTV. Therefore although the channels available on both sources have
been set up to share the same callsign minor differences in program
title or description often result in this program being recorded from
both cards.

Now I know I could tweak all my recording schedules to try and stop this
or switch over the channels on the DVB-T card to use the XMLTV listings
to ensure the listing data is the same but really I would prefer to be
able to use the EIT data on the analog card in case the internet
connection is not available (or the listing provider - radio times -
stops providing this service for XMLTV to use!).

My current "solution" is to use my crontab to regularly run a SQL update
to 1) identify channels which do not use EIT listings but which share a
callsign with an EIT channel 2) remove the details from the program
table for these channels and 3) insert program data for the non EIT
channel from the channel with the same callsign which uses EIT listings.
(see attached script - not to be used on a non backed up database)

My question is is there a way to tell myth to use data obtained from EIM
accross videosources or a better way of doing this which doesn't involve
this rather hackish method of just copying data around in the database?
If not are there other tables I should alter as well?

Many thanks,

Jerome